Texture maps are just as important in 3D modeling and animation as they are in 2D graphics. The problem is that there’s a lot of information to keep track of when working with textures, especially for new artists!
In this post I’m going to show you the basics of using UDIMs within Substance Painter. With UDIMs, your texture images will be automatically mapped out onto different parts of your model – saving you time and frustration!
- How to import object preserving UV tile painting across the workflow
- Preparing objects to have different groups in painter
- Importing image sequences
- Baking specific groups, UDIM tiles, and entire tiles
- Masking specific UDIM and workflow to add materials
- Exporting textures with new UV tile workflow
By 3D Amuser