Thanks to Yura Izmaylov for porting the script to C4D R13
Note that this script only works with CINEMA 4D-versions Studio and Broadcast.
The C4D file contains two objects:
- CT Wave Effector
CT Wave Effector is responsible for the wave-like movement, the plane can be replaced by any object
Move and rotate the CT Wave Effector object to influence the points and create wave-like motion. See the video for an overview.
The CT Wave Effector object has a number of settings in the User Data tab.
- Twist Amount
- Controls the size of the waves
- The distance from the effector at which points are still influenced by the deformation. Combine with Twist Amount to control the size of the waves.
- The way the distance from the effector affects the deformation of the points. Used to create a smooth transition between wave and "calm" sea
- A grayscale 2D texture applied to the wave, influencing the Twist Amount.
- Texture Offset
- A positional offset of the Texture. Animate to create a sense of motion in the wave.
- Bends the wave around the Axis Center of the deformed object. Can be used to create splashes or boat wakes.
This script was inspired by, and backwards-enginered from, the wave tool in this video.